Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) Permit
A Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) Plan is required any time work is conducted within the Town of Bay Harbor Islands right-of-way (including roads and sidewalks). The MOT Plan shall conform to the latest edition of FDOT's Design Standards and Part 6 of the Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) for Streets and Highways. Compliance with the requirements of the approved plan are the responsibility of the applicant. The approved MOT must be on site prior to and during the entire construction period.
Maintenance of Traffic Form and Guidelines
Applicant should fill out the MOT Application Form and Required Signature Page. Incomplete forms will not be processed.
The following information should be provided when submitting the MOT Application Form;
- MOT Plan overlaid on a color aerial map
- Florida Department of Transportation Index Drawing(s) and/or MUTCD Typical Applications for detours
- Copy of Certification(s) for Traffic Control Technician or Traffic Control Supervisor
- State approvals, for Work on 96th Street (Kane Concourse)
Complete MOT Applications should be sent via E-mail to Town Engineer Jose Custodio at firstname.lastname@example.org
The approval of a MOT application may require up to one (1) week from the time all required documents are received by Town Staff. Any rejected MOT submittal that is corrected and sent back will be considered a new submittal, which may require up to one (1) additional week to approve. Additional time may be needed for more complex plans requiring additional coordination/information.
Additional MOT Resources
- Florida Department of Transportation's online permitting portal can be found at https://osp.fdot.gov/
- Florida Department of Transportation Standard Plans Index can be found at https://www.fdot.gov/design/standardplans/current
- The Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) can be found at https://mutcd.fhwa.dot.gov/pdfs/2009/mutcd2009edition.pdf