- Feature Links
- Social Networking
The Town of Bay Harbor Islands (hereinafter the “Town”) has social media sites that serve as an additional medium for providing information to our residents. The Town’s social media sites are not intended to provide all public notices or other required information. Please refer to the Town’s website for information regarding Town meetings, agendas, videos of meetings, and other public notices.
The Town’s social media sites are:
Please be advised that Town Council Members will not post or respond to questions or inquiries posted on the Town’s social media sites, as such postings and/or responses thereto may constitute a violation of Florida’s Sunshine Law.
Purpose of the Town’s Social Media Sites & Guidelines
- Be respectful - Always be fair and courteous to others. Avoid using statements, photographs, video or audio that reasonably could be viewed as malicious, obscene, threatening or intimidating, that disparage others or that might constitute harassment or bullying. Examples of such conduct might include offensive posts meant to intentionally harm someone’s reputation or posts that could contribute to a hostile environment on the basis of race, sex, disability, religion or any other status protected by law.
- Be honest and accurate - Make sure you are always honest and accurate when posting information or news, and if you make a mistake, correct it quickly. Be open about any previous posts you have altered. Remember that the Internet archives almost everything; therefore, even deleted postings can be searched. Never post any information or rumors that you know to be false.
- Post only appropriate and respectful content - Express only your personal opinions. Never represent yourself as a spokesperson for the Town. If Town is the subject of the content you are creating, be clear and open about the fact that you are your views do not represent those of the Town, its employees, suppliers, or people working on behalf of Town. You are personally responsible for material you post and your re-postings.
- Disclaimer required - Any reference to Town, that is publicly posted must contain a disclaimer stating that “the thoughts and opinions expressed herein belong only to the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the Town.”
You are not authorized to use the Town’s intellectual property and marks including, but not limited to the Town Seal, without first obtaining written permission from the Town Manager. You are also not authorized to use the intellectual property of any other person or entity without their written approval. In no way shall the Town have any liability for any postings that violate any person or entity’s intellectual property.
You must keep your comments clean and appropriate. Inappropriate comments, comments not related to the purpose of the page or comments not related to the specific posts are subject to deletion by the administrator of the account. If you do not comply with the posting guidelines, your message will be removed. If you post inappropriate content a second time, you will be blocked from posting any more information to the site.
You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username and any information provided. All comments and images are subject to Florida’s public records law. The appearance of external links on this site does not constitute official endorsement on behalf of the Town of Bay Harbor Islands. The Town’s social media is not monitored at all times. Do not use social media to report emergency situations or time-sensitive issues.
- Graphic, obscene or explicit comments or images
- Comments and images that are abusive, threatening, hateful or intended to defame anyone or any organization or comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- Comments and images that promote, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity or sexual orientation
- Comments and images posted by persons whose profile picture or avatar, username or email address contains any of the aforementioned prohibited conduct
- Comments and images that do not relate to the subject matter of the social media site where posted
- Comments, images, and information intended to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems
- The use of intellectual property belonging to the Town, any person, or entity without their express written approval
- The Town reserves the right to modify or amend the foregoing at any time