- Police Department
- Off-Duty Police Services
Off-Duty Police Services
In order to efficiently respond to requests and manage the employment of off-duty police officers, The Bay Harbor Islands FL Police Department has partnered with Off Duty Management to provide services related to hiring off-duty officers effective February 22nd, 2021.
You may request to hire off-duty police officers through the Off Duty Management web-based service, OfficerTRAK®, or calling the toll-free number below.
Off Duty Management provides the following to the customer:
- Online access to information through the OfficerTRAK® software including:
- Job-status and Officer attendance. Field notes and media files
- Post orders and instructions. Past and future shift information
- Full liability coverage for the customer, the agency, and the officer
- 24/7 customer service through their toll-free number
- Dedicated point of contact for scheduling, invoicing and payroll.
Prohibited Off-Duty Employment*:
The Department reserves the right to deny, restrict, suspend or revoke Extra-Duty services at the discretion of the Chief of Police or designee in situations including but not limited to when: [CFA 2.11CM]
Extra-Duty employment could reflect discredit upon the Department or the Town;
- A permittee refuses to adequately staff an Extra-Duty detail as directed by Extra-Duty Coordinator;
- An establishment is involved in a labor/management dispute, strike or work slowdown;
- If the person/vendor requesting extra-duty police service is listed as an employer that has failed to pay for a previous extra-duty job within ninety (90) days, the Department will not supply an extra-duty officer until the matter is resolved.
*PLEASE NOTE: the above list is not an all-inclusive and questions regarding permitted activity should be forwarded to Off Duty Management.
Total Hourly Billable Rate
- 4 Hours minimum per request.
- 48 Hours prior to shift start is required for requests.
- Vehicles are required on all shifts.
*The holiday rate will apply to the following days: New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, MLK Day, Presidents’ Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.
**Emergency rates apply when a request is received less than 48 hours prior to the start of the shift.
Once an assignment has been approved and scheduled; vendors canceling or reducing assignments are required to pay the full ODM administrative fees for the first 24 hours of the original assignment. Vendors canceling or reducing assignments within 48 hours of the start of the assignment are required to pay the greater of officer hours worked or the agency minimum hours plus ODM administrative fees for the first 24 hours of the original assignment. (Admin fees depend on the coverage and can range from $6.75 - $10.13 per hour)
You can request service or obtain a quote the following ways:
- Visit OfficerTrak® website link: https://odm.officertrak.com/Bay-Harbor-Islands-FL-PD
- CALL OFF DUTY MANAGEMENT 24/7 TOLL-FREE AT 1-877-636-8300